Saturday, January 24, 2009

Corvus in the Midheaven, Mars Rising



astrological chart for time of "Rain Bill Crow" playing on radio 24th January 2009


Benoit Mandelbrot -my crow friend at Burringbar

This morning  I awoke to the Moon rising in the east, as a thin balsamic sliver, shining through the misty clouds. I looked high above me, in the sky to see CORVUS up near the midheaven.

I came inside and turned the radio on. It was just after 5am, Saturday 24th January 2009. There was a song being played called Rain Crow Bill , a song by Sonny Terry and Woodie Guthrie on "Beyond Mississippi : The Blues That left Town".

The serendipity of this captured my attention. 
A couple of mornings prior to this day, I had spent a morning  in Byron Bay taking photos to illustrate the impact of people on the Byron Bay environment. A particular festival was in the back of my mind, as I had only 5 years or so before, been camping in Belongil Fields, when the Bluesfest crowds arrived , to take over the campsite, disrupting the wildlife, and leaving broken glass, plastic, cigarette butts, batteries, and other waste littered across the countryside and through the town and beaches. 
The time was right to create the collages and the blog post.

Also, the astrology of the moment intrigued me. What was happening in the heavens, that spurred me to awaken, look at the sky, and think to write the article? 

Firstly -  the name of the song. (Rain Crow Bill )  
Secondly - the name of the album that it came from. (  "Beyond Mississippi : The Blues That left Town"  ) : This Byron Bay Bluesfest is currently leaving town to a new location,, further up the East Coast of NSW, in the Tyagarah area.
Thirdly - Corvus high up in the sky while the song played. 
Fourthly - I had already focused on doing an article, following my trip into Byron Bay 2 days earlier.
But was there was possibly something else that was pushing me along?

The astrology chart for that moment showed Mars was rising. And, it was Conjunct my  natal rising line.  In other words, the point that was rising this morning, when I tuned into the radio, was that same part of the sky that was rising when I was born. 
And Mars was transiting there, rising, as I listened to the radio, and watched the Constellation Corvus high in the sky.

The aspect of transiting Mars, across the natal Rising Line (Mars conjunct AC) can show increased directional energy and motivation (as well as a few cuts, scrapes, and brash feelings!!).

Both  transiting Sun and transiting Jupiter were conjunct my natal Mercury, at about 3 degrees Aquarius. This can help the mind become full of spirit and knowledge, and wish to share it with others.

Relevant Sabian Symbols for these areas of the heavens?

Transiting SUN:
**A HINDU PUNDIT REVEALS HIMSELF SUDDENLY A GREAT HEALER (also the sabian symbol for my natal mercury)

Transiting JUPITER:
**A WORLD-LEADER IS SEEN GUIDED BY HIS ANCESTORS' SPIRITS 

Transiting MARS:
**A RELAY RACE, EACH RUNNER SPRINGS EAGERLY INTO PLACE (also the sabian symbol for my natal Rising Line)

Transiting Midheaven:
**KINDLY OLD PROFESSOR IS TEACHING A CLASS OF YOUNGSTERS

I can now link all of these symbols and signs together  such as :-

I used photos of water lilies in the collages, to illustrate spiritual growth, purity and blossoming. I have also had some very clear visions when camping at that Bluesfest Camping site years ago, where aboriginal women spirits appeared, gathering water lillies in the billabongs of a past era in time. They talked with me, and repeatedly visited me, during my years of living in Byron, guiding me through an intense "healing" phase of my life. 
Also, in that camping ground at Belongil fields, I witnessed a full moon eclipse by the earth, that peaked just as the sun rose, about 5 years ago. From the time the eclipse started, until the full moon set, totally covered by the earth's shadow, the Crows of Belongil Fields flew about, in the darkened hours of the early morning, calling loudly, and waking me to witness the eclipse, which was rather spectacular. 

But, back to the Sabian Symbols:-

The relay race is the putting together of the combination of photos, into a collage, the leader guided by his ancesters is my guidance by the aboriginal spirits, that have guided me through my healing, and on to a place where I feel I must "lead", when it comes to environmental common sense and try to give "wake up " calls to the world - via the internet website bluecray.org and  blog bluecray.  
The Hindu Pundit (where the Sun was transiting, and conjuncting my natal Mercury) is thephilosophical teacher in me, and having taught environmental knowledge for many years, I will continue to do as my goal in life is "Wisdom in the Land".
The high point in the heavens, with it's Sabian Symbol of an old professor? - well, that's me - I am getting on in age now, and finally, all these planets have clustered into my FIRST house.
The first house is that part of your life where you interact with the world, your environment. Thus, the internet and photography session in Byron Bay were all part of the "picture"

** Sabian Symbols as taken from WHAT WATCH 



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment